Effective Date: June 22, 2018
- The Daily Courier (dCourier.com)
- Prescott Valley Tribune (PVTRIB.com)
- Chino Valley Review (CVRNews.com)
- The Verde Independent(verdenews.com)
- Camp Verde Bugle (cvbugle.com)
- Kingman Daily Miner (http://kdMiner.com)
- Williams News (WilliamsNews.com)
- Grand Canyon News (GrandCanyonNews.com)
- Navajo-Hopi Observer (NHOnews.com)
- Ad King (http://myadking.com)
- Sign Pro (http://com)
- Del Outdoor (http://com)
- Starlight Printing (http://starlightprinting.com)
(collectively, the “Site“), as well as the software, services and content on the Sites (the “Services“), and your choices about the collection and use of your information.
By accessing the Site you are accepting the terms described in this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not access or use the Site. Your continued use of the Site signifies your acceptance of this Policy.
When you use the Site, we collect information, including personal information, when you provide it directly to us and passively through technology such as “cookies.” Below is a more detailed explanation of the categories of information that we may collect.
Information you provide:
Use of the Site: We collect any information that you choose to provide when you browse the Site. For example, if you subscribe to a newsletter, we may collect your first and last name and email address. We also collect the information you provide when you contact us through the Site. You are not required to provide information in order to browse the Site. However, even if you do not provide any information directly, we still collect information from you as described in the “information collected automatically” section.
Profile information: We collect any information you provide when you choose to create a profile on the Site, such as your first and last name, email address, the image you provide as your avatar, gender, personal website URL, occupation, location, hometown and biographical information you add to your profile. If you would like your comments on the Site to be attributed to your real name, we will need to collect information to verify your identity, including your first and last name, ZIP code, gender, birth year and telephone number.
Subscriptions: To use some of our Services, you will need to create an account and purchase a subscription. We will collect information, such as your first and last name, email address, telephone number, physical address, payment card information and transaction history.
Your submissions: If you choose to comment on any of the content on the Site, we will collect any information that you submit. We also collect any information you provide in conjunction with submitting a news tip; ad for the classified section; birth, engagement, wedding, or anniversary announcement; or event. This may include your first and last name, email address, telephone number, details of the announcement, any images that you upload or the title, description, location and cost of any event. Unless otherwise noted, the information you submit for publication will be publicly accessible or may become publicly accessible, so please exercise caution before submitting any personal information.
Offline services: Some of the Sites may offer offline services, such as sign or billboard advertising. In conjunction with providing those services, we collect information such as your first or last name, email address, payment card information, and information you provide regarding the offline services that you are requesting or seeking additional information about.
Technical support: If you experience any problems with the Site or Services and choose to contact us for technical support, we may need to collect personal information in order to assist you, such as your name, telephone number and email address.
Any other information you provide: We collect any other information that you choose to provide, such as any of your questions, comments or suggestions and our responses.
Information collected automatically:
Usage information: We collect certain information automatically through your use of the Site, such as which of the pages on our Site that you access, the frequency of access and what you click on while on our Site.
Device information: We collect information about the device you are using to access the Site, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser and IP addresses.
Mobile device information: In addition to the device information listed above, when you access our Site via a browser on your mobile device, we may collect mobile network information including telephone number, the unique device identifier assigned to your device, mobile carrier, operating system and other device attributes.
Location information: When you use the Site, we may collect information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS and other sensors that may, for example, provide us with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
We use the information we collect, including personal information, in the following ways:
- to provide you with the Services that you request, such as processing a payment for a subscription;
- to maintain and improve the Site and Services and your experience with them;
- to provide customer service or technical support for using the Site or Services;
- to market our Services or the products or services of third parties to you;
- to develop new content, products, or services;
- to communicate with you about the Site or Services by email, including service-related emails (e.g., changes or updates to features of the Services and technical and security notices);
- to prevent or detect fraud;
- to enforce this Policy, the Terms and Conditions, and any other terms that you have agreed to, including to protect the rights, property or safety of WNI, its users or any other person or the copyright-protected content of the Site;
- for any purpose for which you provide consent; and
- for any other legitimate business purpose.
We may share information collected about you as follows:
- with service providers, including hosting and storage providers, to perform functions and process your data, and to help provide the Site;
- with payment processors to process transactions in connection with your use of the Services;
- with analytics providers to help us understand your use of the Site or Services;
- within our corporate family, such as with subsidiaries, joint ventures, or affiliates, to the extent permitted by law;
- with law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties: (i) when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure; (ii) when we need to do so to comply with the law; (iii) if we believe in good faith that the disclosure of your information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity; (iv) to enforce this Policy or our Terms and Conditions or to protect the security or integrity of the Site or Services; and/or (v) to defend against legal claims or demands or to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of WNI, our users or others;
- with third parties, including buyers or service providers, if we are involved in a sale, divestiture or transfer involving all or a portion of the company or its products or services including: corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations or similar transactions or proceedings. In these situations, information such as customer names and email addresses and other user information related to the Site may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred; and
- with other third parties, but only if you consent or direct us to do so.
We may share, at our discretion, information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user through de-identification or aggregation (“De-Identified Data”), and we do not limit our third-party providers from using, selling, licensing, distributing or disclosing De-Identified Data.
You can learn which third parties have currently enabled cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt out of some of those cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s website at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website at http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/. For more information on mobile-specific opt-out choices, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices.
On your mobile device you may have features that allow you to opt out of some targeted advertising (“Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS devices or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” on Android). To learn more about how these opt-out features work, please review your device settings.
Even if you disable the tracking, keep in mind that you may still receive interest-based advertising, including from third parties with whom your information had been previously disclosed and that you may still receive advertising from third parties, though such advertising may not be based on your interests and preferences.
- HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect and limit access to your personal information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage technology is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The Site is not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 years. Please contact us if you believe we may have unknowingly collected information about a child under 13 years of age, and we shall take immediate steps to delete any such personal information.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
For your convenience, we may provide links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by WNI that we think may be useful or of interest to you. WNI does not accept responsibility for the privacy practices, content or accuracy of other websites. Links to other websites do not constitute or imply endorsement by WNI of the websites, any products or services described on those websites or any other material contained on them.
You are subject to the policies of those third-party websites, where applicable. Such third-party websites may have privacy policies that differ from that of WNI, and third-party websites may provide less security than our Site. Please review the privacy policies of third-party websites before providing any personal information.
- BROWSER DO NOT TRACK
The Site does not support Do Not Track (“DNT“) at this time. DNT is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your web page visits tracked and collected across websites. For more details, including about how to turn on DNT, visit www.donottrack.us.
Our servers are located in the United States. Therefore, your information may be transferred to or stored or processed in the United States, whose data protection, privacy and other laws may not provide the same level of protection as those in your country of residence. For example, government entities in the United States and other countries may have certain rights to access your personal information.
By using the Site, you understand and consent to the collection, storage, processing and transfer of your information to our facilities in the United States and to those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of any third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to PrivacyPolicy@westernnews.com.
We may make changes to the Policy, from time to time, in our sole discretion. When we make changes we deem material we shall provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, e.g., by sending you an email. In some cases, we shall notify you in advance of the changes taking effect. Your continued use of any of the Services after the changes have been made shall constitute your acceptance of the changes. Please therefore make sure you read any such notice carefully. If you do not wish to continue using the Services under the new version of the Policy, please cease using the Services and uninstall the App from your device.
If you have any questions about the Policy or the Site, please contact us at PrivacyPolicy@westernnews.com.